Tuesday, August 9, 2016

JillyAtlanta: Melbourne Romper for One Thimble!

I recently was lucky enough to have the chance to test The Melbourne Romper pattern by JillyAtlanta. I have followed her and admired her patterns for a while, but I hadn't had the chance to try one until now. I was really impressed by the pattern and I am excited to try more from JillyAtlanta!


The Melbourne works beautifully for both boys and girls and can be made from size 3-6 months all the way to size 4! Yay! I was thrilled that I could make this style for my tall three year old. There are three strap options including halter, cross-back, or cross-back with flutters. I made both of the cross back versions, but the halter is next on my list. The straps are made with three button holes so that the romper can grow with your child. The tutorial instructions are clear and thorough. I didn't have to go back an re-read which made for a faster sew. It's a great pattern and it's one that I can see myself making again and again.


For my first romper I made the cross strap version and layered it over a little t-shirt. The bib is perfect for highlighting your favorite fabric. I used the sweetest print from Sharron Holland's Sketchbook collection. I embellished some of the flowers in the print with some hand embroidery. I am very new to hand embroidery, but I really enjoy it.I also added some mustard crochet trim and a large wooden button to keep with the natural feel of it all. I used this really great ombre fabric that went from a light dusty pink on the straps into a deep maroon shade for the rest of the romper.











I decided to give the flutter straps a try for the second romper. I used Wild Carrot in tangerine by Michael Miller for the entire thing this time. I've had this stashed away for a couple of years and i'm so glad I pulled it out! I think it turned out just darling. It has been perfect for these last long hot summer days. I love how it looks paired with her favorite cowboy boots! I can totally see it with a jean jacket and boot socks in the early fall.

The Melbourne Romper will be available in Issue 12 of One Thimble Magazine that releases this Friday, August 12th! You can also buy the pattern individually through One Thimble's website


Pretty Flutters






Thanks for reading!
Christina



No comments:

Post a Comment