Saturday, September 24, 2016

JillyAtlanta: The Hastings Vest


It's officially fall here in the U.S, and we are quickly approaching the holiday season. I have such fond memories of how lovely my family would look all dressed up for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I  always loved picking out a pretty dress to wear to the kids table for some pumpkin soup and turkey served up on my Grandmother's yellow dishes. She had lovely golden silverware that she only brought out for special occasions and I remember thinking it was wonderful! After dinner, the kids would be assigned jobs to help clean-up. I remember hating that part, but what I wouldn't give to be in that kitchen washing the dishes with my cousins again. When the cleaning was done, everyone would go outside in their Sunday best, for a game of football. Now that I have my own children, it's so important to me for them to have special holiday memories.

It's easy to find a nice pattern for Lilly, but it's a little more difficult for my boys. When I saw The Hastings Vest by JillyAtlanta, I knew it would be perfect for making those holiday memories! The pattern ranges from size 2 all the way to 16. It can be made with a V or Round neckline and looks great in a variety of fabrics. It has that vintage charm that I love about JillyAtlanta patterns. Those buttons down the side make it really special. The vest can easily be made reversible. How cool would it be to make one side to wear for Thanksgiving and the other for Christmas?



In keeping with the theme of family, I made one for my cousin too. Isn't he handsome in it? I think it looks great on both the little guys and the older boys and would be just perfect to coordinate sibling's outfits. I'm really hoping my baby boy will be big enough to fit The Hastings for Christmas.




The pattern is set to release tonight at 6 pm! You better set a reminder on your phone because there will be a fun sale! The Hastings will be just $1 for the first minute, $3 for 3 hours, and $7 for 7 days after that! I will add the pattern link as soon as it is available.



1 comment: