Wednesday, September 7, 2016

JL Patterns: Meraki Dress


I was thrilled at the chance to be able to test JLPatterns' debut pattern; The Meraki Dress. This designer really poured her heart into this design and the end result is just beautiful. The name of the pattern says it all. I can really relate to that feeling of passion and putting everything you've got into a piece of creative work.


I love the unique design elements in the Meraki! The sweet empire waist and the ruffles on the bodice are just so pretty. The real star of the show is that back. It is definitely my favorite part. I couldn't stop taking pictures of it, I like how the top of the front bodice curves and wraps around the back of the neck. This pattern would be perfect for special occasion dresses and I love the idea of customizing it to fit my daughter's birthday theme! 



I was really happy that I was able to get such a perfect fit the first time I made a dress with this pattern. Especially, because I used some of my favorite fabric to make it. Just in case you have been living under a rock, the skirt fabric is from the new Magic collection by Sarah Jane for Michael Miller. I am crazy for everything she puts out, but this fabric is just amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on some more. Lilly will just have an entire wardrobe all made in Magic.
The pattern is set to release at the end of the week, so be sure to join the facebook group so that you can get it when it becomes available. I am so excited to see what the future holds for JLPatterns. If this is her first pattern, I can only imagine what she will come up with next!

Thanks for reading,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment